Great War of the Worlds - a Landships! expansion

WW1 or other eras

Great War of the Worlds - a Landships! expansion

Messagede Arnauld » Ven Aoû 15, 2008 3:07 pm

I have a project : Landships! in the H.G Well's universe. Martians land and Humann Beings have to defend the earth. A campaign with several scenarios and new weapons (Zeppelins, tripods, diving gear,...)

Ok, that's totally eccentric, but it could give a "steampunk" touch to Landships! - Why this steampunk touch ? 3 reasons :
1/Because Wells' universe smells steampunk. I think you know this website. It is awesome http://www.zeitcom.com/majgen/60lshp.html Great War of the Worlds (name of my adaptation) won't be so "exotic", don't worry.
2/Because I won't be the first to use Wells universe (one example amongst several : "La Belle Valence" (1903), is a novel narrating the adventure of a group of french soldiers (les "Poilus") finding the Time Machine and using it).
3/Wells was a visionary (see The War in the Air for example) and was absolutely sure that aeroplanes and landships will emerge in the battlegrounds (read The Land Ironclads, 1903 - see the link in 1/). He "deserves" his own version of Landships! !)
Run ! The Devil is coming !
Arnauld
Administrateur

Retourner vers Other Games