I hate these super-mobile MGs !

For english-speaking players... Feel free to "enlist" and join the Landships! community

Messagede santino » Jeu Mai 08, 2008 7:24 pm

Tichy a écrit:Make sure that santino plays "Rommel in the Argonne" or any other MG heavy assault with those optional rules as German and he'll have loads of fun.

As a matter of fact, I made my initial assault without my MGs moving or closing into mêlée... and if French MGs had not escaped while firing like hell, they would maybe have been silented one after the other or forced to fall back without delaying my moves. Anyway, infantry assaults in front of MGs must quickly be doomed, so that we can engage our... landships ! :mrgreen:
santino
Renault FT-17

Messagede Tichy » Jeu Mai 08, 2008 7:44 pm

Actually it may take a while to silence MG's. Of course it depends on the setup but as far as I know, steady retreat and force buildup would still delay your attack as defender is still able to engage with MG's on defensive fire phase. Besides, close assault would become less attractive choice.

If we assume that MG fire from Strongpoints would be able to shoot over the troops on friendly trenches due elevation gain, we would see significant defensive advantages. For now, this is still contemplated.
Tichy
Renault FT-17

Messagede Arnauld » Jeu Mai 08, 2008 7:58 pm

and if French MGs had not escaped while firing like hell,

If you hadn't overuse smokescreens, I wouldn't escaped !!
Run ! The Devil is coming !
Arnauld
Administrateur

Messagede santino » Jeu Mai 08, 2008 7:58 pm

I propose : a MG in a strongpoint can fire through friendly units ( as a matter of fact, the strongpoint is + 1 level in this case ) IF it can't move at all ( the MG is fixed as they often were in such cases ) !?
santino
Renault FT-17

Messagede Arnauld » Jeu Mai 08, 2008 8:00 pm

I propose : make your own WW1 game with your own WW1 rules !! I'd edit it !! :lol: :lol:
Run ! The Devil is coming !
Arnauld
Administrateur

Messagede santino » Jeu Mai 08, 2008 8:03 pm

Arnaud a écrit:I propose : make your own WW1 game

You know what Tichy ? There are always guys who deny the progress :evil: :lol:
santino
Renault FT-17

Messagede Tichy » Ven Mai 09, 2008 7:36 am

Actually, MG platoon as unit does not fit into a description of fixed MG.

However, if so desired, I would rather go for option "elevated bunker", eg. Strongpoint hex that has additional strongpoint counter from IM to express heavily fortified location and fixed MG position.

This would indicate hex of elevation difference and structure would block of LOS and line of fire. Maximum stacking capacity of the heavily fortified location would be 3 platoons or equivalent. MG within location is not able to move.

Normal Strongpoint location would not have elevation difference nor it would have special bonus for Close Assault. Normal strongpoint would also not block LOS but would block line of fire if occupied.

Additionally to previous, I would also recommend to have option for MG platoon to voluntarily abandon MG thus becoming ordinary platoon of same morale rating. Abandoned MG would thus become loss and would be unrecoverable.
Tichy
Renault FT-17

Messagede Tichy » Ven Mai 09, 2008 7:38 am

Arnauld a écrit:I propose : make your own WW1 game with your own WW1 rules !! I'd edit it !! :lol: :lol:

Hmmm, should I take up the challenge.... :roll:
Tichy
Renault FT-17

Messagede Tichy » Ven Mai 09, 2008 8:03 am

Tichy a écrit:Additionally to previous, I would also recommend to have option for MG platoon to voluntarily abandon MG thus becoming ordinary platoon of same morale rating. Abandoned MG would thus become loss and would be unrecoverable.

I have to correct myself before someone else does. :) German WWI MG Platoon consisted of 2 Heavy MG's. Hence MG's were operated more by "crew" than support weapon. Eg. Abandoning 2 Heavy MG's would free up two crews. Sorry about that.
Tichy
Renault FT-17

Messagede santino » Ven Mai 09, 2008 8:17 am

Tichy a écrit:This would indicate hex of elevation difference and structure would block of LOS and line of fire. Maximum stacking capacity of the heavily fortified location would be 3 platoons or equivalent. MG within location is not able to move.

Normal Strongpoint location would not have elevation difference nor it would have special bonus for Close Assault. Normal strongpoint would also not block LOS but would block line of fire if occupied.

Exactly as I saw it :P

Tichy a écrit:Hmmm, should I take up the challenge...

Let's make it... and no copy for Arnaud the sceptic :mrgreen:
santino
Renault FT-17

Messagede Tichy » Ven Mai 09, 2008 8:47 am

There is an Optional Rule for your disposal.

Chapter D

x.0.1 Heavily fortified location

Heavily fortified location indicates pillbox or heavy concrete structure or small chain of interconnected structures. Heavily fortified location is indicated by placing additional Strongpoint counter on map hex that already contains printed Strongpoint location. Heavily fortified location indicates fixed MG position.

x.0.2 Benefits of heavily fortified locations

Heavily fortified location has following benefits for Infantry unit inside. Units defending within the location gain -1/+1 DRM for Close Assault. Infantry units within the location receive +2 DRM against SAFA or +3 DRM if fired from behind. Flamethrowers are not subject to the SAFA DRM.

x.0.3 Stacking limit

Maximum of three MG Platoons or Platoons of equivalent may reside within location and gain full benefits. Stacking limit is not applicable to Close Assault. One fixed piece of non AA artillery may be located within the location.

x.0.4 Field of Fire

Heavily fortified location has Field of Fire. SAFA can only be directed to 180 degrees arc against enemy trench lines. Units residing within the location may fire over unpinned friendly units in trenches and pinned or prone units in open or other terrain.

x.0.4.1 Artillery piece that is located within the location may only fire on the arc it has been set in. Artillery piece may not turn nor move within the scope of the game.

x.0.5 Effects on LOS and Line of Fire

Heavily fortified location is considered as obstacle for LOS and Line of Fire drawn through the hex. for game considerations location height is level 1.

x.0.6 MP cost

Unit entering to Heavily fortified location has to spent one MP.
Tichy
Renault FT-17

Messagede Tichy » Ven Mai 09, 2008 8:59 am

x.1.0 Fixed Support Weapons and MG's

Support Weapons and Machine Guns may be considered as fixed. Fixed equipment may not be moved within game terms, however it is possible to abandon them.

x.1.1 MG Platoon initially set up at location where MG is considered fixed may not move out of the location unless MG is abandoned.

x.1.2 Large Calibre Gun may be placed in fixed location. Fixed large calibre gun may not move nor turn within the game terms. Gun may fire normally within it's normal field of fire.

x.2.3 Fixed equipment may be abandoned by the unit manning it. If MG platoon abandons it's inherent MG, replace MG platoon with two crew counters. Abandoned MG is considered destroyed. If retreat is called, unit manning fixed MG or gun must abandon weapon and retreat normally. Crew counters act as normal crews once equipment is abandoned.
Tichy
Renault FT-17

Précédente

Retourner vers International Landships!